N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

We have a factory building being surveyed for structural safety

We have a factory building being surveyed for structural safety by a qualified professional, he reported that he conducted a visual survey and gave a clean bill of health and made no recommendations for any corrective actions. Such a report, according to Singaporean laws would require no further actions from the owner of the building.
As this survey report would be part of our compliance commitment to our US customers, is there any federal or state laws in USA that specify when a building after being certified safe by visual survey would need no further actions as in the case of Singaporean laws?
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX prefer to wait for a reply.

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy

The US has no power to enforce its own building codes overseas, so if the building is up to code as certified by a structural engineer or authorized building inspector in Singapore, that would be considered conclusive.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience: attorney at self
Thank you for accepting my answer.