Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was Cited Exceeding Maximum speed: 81 MPH IN A POSTED 55

I was Cited Exceeding Maximum speed: 81 MPH IN A POSTED 55 MPH Zone and payable fine of $160 They were running radar in a group pulling multiple cars over at a time this took place on route 50 Heading towards ocean city maryland
I currently have 3 points and Just had 5 points drop in January I want to know how many points this citation is and if theirs is anyway to lower the points also I almost got my lic suspend once for having 8 points in a 2 year period also I have taken 3 defensive driving classes
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

This should cost you 2 points under Maryland law. Here's a good link that outlines the penalties and point deductions: http://www.dmv.org/md-maryland/point-system.php

The link says:

Speeding (exceeding 65 mph by 10 mph - 19 mph) - 2
Speeding (exceeding 65 mph by 20 mph - 29 mph) - 5

Since you were not exceeding 65 mph by 20 mph (you were going 81), you should only be looking at a 2 point penalty.

Because this will give you 5 points, you will have to attend a Points System Conference (PSC) and/or attend a Driver Improvement Program (DIP), which you've probably had to do before.