Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Good day This is part of the conclusion of my brief that I

Good day
This is part of the conclusion of my brief that I can put in here, Do you think it is okay?
The Superior Court’s decision not to remand the case back to Fact finder because it believes that the Fact Finder considered the issues on defendant’s counterclaim is erroneous. It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good day to you and welcome back.

As far as a conclusion, yes that is a reasonable sentence to include in your conclusion. You should also add that the factfinder's failure to consider the issues and the Superior Court's denial of your opportunity to present those issues would be a denial of your due process rights as it denied you an opportunity to have any meaningful due process to present your claims.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is the full conclusion, I could not put everything on the other time

As the defendant discussed in this reply brief and the brief previously filed. The Court erred in these respects (1) not Considering that the defendant did not have her right to testify, bring evidence and witnesses for her counterclaim during trial according to practice book section 10-54 (2) Not considering the effect of the Fact Finder failing to notify the defendant’s counsel of the validity of the defendant’s counterclaim after the trial as he promised so that he could at least argue it in the brief (3) not considering the effect of Fact Finder refusing to extend the time for the defendant’s counsel to put in his argument in a closing brief (4) The court did not consider the effect of the Fact Finder’s error on the contradictions of his Findings (5) Believing the issues not on Fact Finder’s report are not relevant (6) prejudging the defendant’s case. (7) Depriving defendant of meaningful due process. The defendant’s right to due process has been violated because Superior Court affirmed judgment that was pasted against her without the due process of hearing her counterclaim and briefing her issues. The Superior Court’s decision not to remand the case back because it believes that the Fact Finder considered the issues on defendant’s counterclaim is erroneous. It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled.

It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled...

You should put, "It is not legally and logically correct as it has denied the defendant of her meaningful right to due process as guaranteed by the US Constitution. The required elements of due process are those that "minimize substantively unfair or mistaken deprivations" by enabling persons to contest the basis upon which a State proposes to deprive them of protected interests. See: Fuentes v. Shevin, 407 U.S. 67, 81 (1972). The Court has stress the importance of the ability to defend one's position even if that defense might not change the outcome. See: Carey v. Piphus, 435 U.S. 247, 266-67 (1978); Marshall v. Jerrico, Inc., 446 U.S. 238, 242 (1980); Nelson v. Adams,XXXXX 1579 (2000).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I use those citations, are they from supreme court or Connecticut court?

The citations are from the US Supreme Court so you can use them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I add all of that to the conclusion I already wrote, will it not be too long?

Yes, you can add it to the conclusions as long as you have no page limit that it would put you over the limit on.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good day ,

In my appeal issue where I said that the superior court use the fact finder's contradicting report to decide the case. Is it okay that I said it is erroneous, Factually and legally incorrect? and can I use a citation for right to due process on it?

Thank you for your response. Yes, you can say it is erroneous and incorrect, that is what you are arguing in your appeal. Yes, you can use the citation you were given.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for your help all these months with my appeal and other legal questions.
Today, I have a new question. I have some health problem. For the past few months I sometimes feel empty headed, fainting, and very sleepy. Around January when I was driving, I suddenly started having these symptoms and I pulled out of the road quickly and called 911. I was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. I slept from where I was taken to the hospital and slept for hours in the hospital before I was okay. In March, I experience the same thing when I was driving and I quickly pulled out of the road also. But this was close to my house which has many trees and very narrow road. as I got out of the road, I was very dizzy the car rolled and stop right in front of a tree touching the tree. I called 911 and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and I slept for hours like the other time and I was fine when I woke up. The next day, a police man and another man with a plain clothes came to my house and gave me a ticket. When I read the ticket it said that I was adjusting my seat and lost control of my car. I went to the police station and spoke with the police that wrote the report. He said he was not there at the scene that the police that was there gave him the information he wrote on the report. he gave me the number of the person to speak with, that he can not remove any information on a report. When I spoke with the person she said the police at the scene said he was not told that I was dizzy or why I got out of the road. She said the information on the report stays. I am going to the court because I pleaded not guilty. I really don't care about the amount on the ticket, I can give many that amount without problem as I always love to donate to the police and I am not reporting anything to the insurance because there was no damage to the car or injury to me. I have a problem with a police just writing what he did not see and what he was not told. That could have been a more serious issue that could impact someone's life and not a Little over a hundred dollars ticket. Also I have to have the right information for the doctors to access my health situation. I told the first lady at the scene that I was dizzy and told the ambulance people and everybody in the hospital that I was dizzy and fainting. I even remember telling the 911 operator that I was dizzy or fainting. It is what was written on the hospital record.

My question is what should be my argument in this situation? I have the hospital record and document to prove that the dent in front of my car was from previous accident.

Thank you for your new question.

If the police have written a false police report and cannot justify where the information they received came from, you need to first discuss the issue with their watch or shift commander and present them the evidence you have from the hospital showing what happened. Second, if the watch commander or shift commander does not cause a supplemental police report to be written (which is all they can do, they cannot change the original report as it is a public record once filed) with the new information regarding the incident, then your next step is to the station commander and finally to the chief of police.

In order for them to refuse to write a supplemental report correcting the matter, they will have to prove the information you are providing for the supplemental report is not accurate, which I do not see how they could do in this case where you have hospital records.

If they continue to refuse to write a supplemental report to correct the original report, then you can seek to sue them for defamation and filing false reports, since them writing a report without an eye witness and proper investigation is grossly negligent on their part and having allegations such as this against you on the public record damages your reputation as well and you can get a court to order them to fix the record as part of your judgment.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Good day,

I have a court day coming in few day for the traffic ticket I got due to the wrong police report which I wrote to you about earlier. My question is what should be my appropriate defense and is it proper and legal for me to file a counter suit against the police for court to make them to write a supplemental report on the incident.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your update and new question.

Your recourse would not be suing the police I am afraid, your recourse is when you go to court you would have to present your evidence to the court that the police report was incorrect and as part of that case you would then ask the court for them to order the report corrected based on your proof that the report was incorrect. The court in your case, if they find you proved the report was incorrect will issue an order as part of their decision to the police department to correct the matter by supplemental police report.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good day,
this case with the incorrect police report was nullified. Do I still have to take any action for the police to correct the wrong report? Or I should just forget about it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your update.

If the case was dismissed, then you can choose to drop it. However, if there are any open insurance claims still going on with this matter, you need to consider still pursuing it through at least the police command to seek to have a supplemental report written to correct the errors.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

There is no insurance claims going on on the matter. will not correcting the report have any negative effect on my driving record?

Thank you for your response.

No it would not if the case was dismissed against you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Good day,

I have my appeal argument coming up in few days. I just caught a deadly bacteria with my PD dialysis treatment. It is the most painful thing to experience. I can not sit or stand. The doctor said it is a hard to kill bacteria, that I am going to be down for at least three weeks. I am going to be having antibiotics flood in my stomach everyday and take antibiotics tablet too for two week. Is it possible to get appeal argument moved for good cause? because my doctor said I am not going to be able to do anything for at least three weeks. What can I do, what motion should I file?

Thank you for your update and your reply.

I am sorry to hear that this is happing to you. You must file a motion for continuance and you need to explain the nature of the emergency and attach a report from the doctor proving your medical condition and you must file it as soon as possible with the court. Also once you file, call the judge's clerk to let them know it was filed and ask them to get back with you as it is an emergency.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I am trying to appeal the appellate Court decision in the supreme Court and I have been sick. I just got kidney transplant in University of Pennsylvania hospital. They want me to be in Pennsylvania for three weeks for testing and monitoring and treatment in case of rejection and tomorrow is the deadline which is 20 day to file to supreme Court in Connecticut were Iive. What should I do/.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your response. You need to call the court and that is all you can do if you filed your motion to extend and you have not received an answer. If they do not answer the phone, all you can do is then get yourself an attorney to file while you are laid up in the hospital and attach your proof of filing the motion to extend and just argue that your health condition physically precluded you from filing the appeal, which is actually good cause to extend an appeal deadline.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good day,
The plaintiff filed motions in the Superior Court for Appellate Attorney fee, and for interest. The Superior Court fixed hearing for May 5th. The problem is that I will still be here in Philadelphia taking treatment for my transplanted kidney. I believe I can not file motion for stay because I have not file my petition to the Supreme Court yet and I do not know the status of my motion for extension of time to file motion for reconsideration to the appelate Court.
My question is what should I do in regards XXXXX XXXXX motions the plaintiff filed. Should I file motion for continual or what motion should I file?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your new question.

You need to consider filing a motion for continuance of this new motion hearing based on your medical condition and attach an affidavit from your doctor that you are not medically able to travel at this time to make the hearing. You would also state in your motion that a motion for reconsideration is still pending in the appeals court. You need to get that filed as soon as possible.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney