Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Good day This is part of the conclusion of my brief that I

Good day
This is part of the conclusion of my brief that I can put in here, Do you think it is okay?
The Superior Court’s decision not to remand the case back to Fact finder because it believes that the Fact Finder considered the issues on defendant’s counterclaim is erroneous. It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good day to you and welcome back.

As far as a conclusion, yes that is a reasonable sentence to include in your conclusion. You should also add that the factfinder's failure to consider the issues and the Superior Court's denial of your opportunity to present those issues would be a denial of your due process rights as it denied you an opportunity to have any meaningful due process to present your claims.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO ***** CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is the full conclusion, I could not put everything on the other time

As the defendant discussed in this reply brief and the brief previously filed. The Court erred in these respects (1) not Considering that the defendant did not have her right to testify, bring evidence and witnesses for her counterclaim during trial according to practice book section 10-54 (2) Not considering the effect of the Fact Finder failing to notify the defendant’s counsel of the validity of the defendant’s counterclaim after the trial as he promised so that he could at least argue it in the brief (3) not considering the effect of Fact Finder refusing to extend the time for the defendant’s counsel to put in his argument in a closing brief (4) The court did not consider the effect of the Fact Finder’s error on the contradictions of his Findings (5) Believing the issues not on Fact Finder’s report are not relevant (6) prejudging the defendant’s case. (7) Depriving defendant of meaningful due process. The defendant’s right to due process has been violated because Superior Court affirmed judgment that was pasted against her without the due process of hearing her counterclaim and briefing her issues. The Superior Court’s decision not to remand the case back because it believes that the Fact Finder considered the issues on defendant’s counterclaim is erroneous. It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled.

It is not legally and logically correct. Therefore the decision of the Superior Court should be reversed so that the defendant could have a proper trial that she is justifiably entitled...

You should put, "It is not legally and logically correct as it has denied the defendant of her meaningful right to due process as guaranteed by the US Constitution. The required elements of due process are those that "minimize substantively unfair or mistaken deprivations" by enabling persons to contest the basis upon which a State proposes to deprive them of protected interests. See: Fuentes v. Shevin, 407 U.S. 67, 81 (1972). The Court has stress the importance of the ability to defend one's position even if that defense might not change the outcome. See: Carey v. Piphus, 435 U.S. 247, 266-67 (1978); Marshall v. Jerrico, Inc., 446 U.S. 238, 242 (1980); Nelson v. Adams,***** 1579 (2000).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I use those citations, are they from supreme court or Connecticut court?

The citations are from the US Supreme Court so you can use them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I add all of that to the conclusion I already wrote, will it not be too long?

Yes, you can add it to the conclusions as long as you have no page limit that it would put you over the limit on.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good day ,

In my appeal issue where I said that the superior court use the fact finder's contradicting report to decide the case. Is it okay that I said it is erroneous, Factually and legally incorrect? and can I use a citation for right to due process on it?

Thank you for your response. Yes, you can say it is erroneous and incorrect, that is what you are arguing in your appeal. Yes, you can use the citation you were given.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for your help all these months with my appeal and other legal questions.
Today, I have a new question. I have some health problem. For the past few months I sometimes feel empty headed, fainting, and very sleepy. Around January when I was driving, I suddenly started having these symptoms and I pulled out of the road quickly and called 911. I was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. I slept from where I was taken to the hospital and slept for hours in the hospital before I was okay. In March, I experience the same thing when I was driving and I quickly pulled out of the road also. But this was close to my house which has many trees and very narrow road. as I got out of the road, I was very dizzy the car rolled and stop right in front of a tree touching the tree. I called 911 and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and I slept for hours like the other time and I was fine when I woke up. The next day, a police man and another man with a plain clothes came to my house and gave me a ticket. When I read the ticket it said that I was adjusting my seat and lost control of my car. I went to the police station and spoke with the police that wrote the report. He said he was not there at the scene that the police that was there gave him the information he wrote on the report. he gave me the number of the person to speak with, that he can not remove any information on a report. When I spoke with the person she said the police at the scene said he was not told that I was dizzy or why I got out of the road. She said the information on the report stays. I am going to the court because I pleaded not guilty. I really don't care about the amount on the ticket, I can give many that amount without problem as I always love to donate to the police and I am not reporting anything to the insurance because there was no damage to the car or injury to me. I have a problem with a police just writing what he did not see and what he was not told. That could have been a more serious issue that could impact someone's life and not a Little over a hundred dollars ticket. Also I have to have the right information for the doctors to access my health situation. I told the first lady at the scene that I was dizzy and told the ambulance people and everybody in the hospital that I was dizzy and fainting. I even remember telling the 911 operator that I was dizzy or fainting. It is what was written on the hospital record.

My question is what should be my argument in this situation? I have the hospital record and document to prove that the dent in front of my car was from previous accident.

Thank you for your new question.

If the police have written a false police report and cannot justify where the information they received came from, you need to first discuss the issue with their watch or shift commander and present them the evidence you have from the hospital showing what happened. Second, if the watch commander or shift commander does not cause a supplemental police report to be written (which is all they can do, they cannot change the original report as it is a public record once filed) with the new information regarding the incident, then your next step is to the station commander and finally to the chief of police.

In order for them to refuse to write a supplemental report correcting the matter, they will have to prove the information you are providing for the supplemental report is not accurate, which I do not see how they could do in this case where you have hospital records.

If they continue to refuse to write a supplemental report to correct the original report, then you can seek to sue them for defamation and filing false reports, since them writing a report without an eye witness and proper investigation is grossly negligent on their part and having allegations such as this against you on the public record damages your reputation as well and you can get a court to order them to fix the record as part of your judgment.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good day,

I have a court day coming in few day for the traffic ticket I got due to the wrong police report which I wrote to you about earlier. My question is what should be my appropriate defense and is it proper and legal for me to file a counter suit against the police for court to make them to write a supplemental report on the incident.

Thank you for your update and new question.

Your recourse would not be suing the police I am afraid, your recourse is when you go to court you would have to present your evidence to the court that the police report was incorrect and as part of that case you would then ask the court for them to order the report corrected based on your proof that the report was incorrect. The court in your case, if they find you proved the report was incorrect will issue an order as part of their decision to the police department to correct the matter by supplemental police report.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Good day,
this case with the incorrect police report was nullified. Do I still have to take any action for the police to correct the wrong report? Or I should just forget about it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your update.

If the case was dismissed, then you can choose to drop it. However, if there are any open insurance claims still going on with this matter, you need to consider still pursuing it through at least the police command to seek to have a supplemental report written to correct the errors.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

There is no insurance claims going on on the matter. will not correcting the report have any negative effect on my driving record?

Thank you for your response.

No it would not if the case was dismissed against you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Good day,

I have my appeal argument coming up in few days. I just caught a deadly bacteria with my PD dialysis treatment. It is the most painful thing to experience. I can not sit or stand. The doctor said it is a hard to kill bacteria, that I am going to be down for at least three weeks. I am going to be having antibiotics flood in my stomach everyday and take antibiotics tablet too for two week. Is it possible to get appeal argument moved for good cause? because my doctor said I am not going to be able to do anything for at least three weeks. What can I do, what motion should I file?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your update and your reply.

I am sorry to hear that this is happing to you. You must file a motion for continuance and you need to explain the nature of the emergency and attach a report from the doctor proving your medical condition and you must file it as soon as possible with the court. Also once you file, call the judge's clerk to let them know it was filed and ask them to get back with you as it is an emergency.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I am trying to appeal the appellate Court decision in the supreme Court and I have been sick. I just got kidney transplant in University of Pennsylvania hospital. They want me to be in Pennsylvania for three weeks for testing and monitoring and treatment in case of rejection and tomorrow is the deadline which is 20 day to file to supreme Court in Connecticut were Iive. What should I do/.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your response. You need to call the court and that is all you can do if you filed your motion to extend and you have not received an answer. If they do not answer the phone, all you can do is then get yourself an attorney to file while you are laid up in the hospital and attach your proof of filing the motion to extend and just argue that your health condition physically precluded you from filing the appeal, which is actually good cause to extend an appeal deadline.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good day,
The plaintiff filed motions in the Superior Court for Appellate Attorney fee, and for interest. The Superior Court fixed hearing for May 5th. The problem is that I will still be here in Philadelphia taking treatment for my transplanted kidney. I believe I can not file motion for stay because I have not file my petition to the Supreme Court yet and I do not know the status of my motion for extension of time to file motion for reconsideration to the appelate Court.
My question is what should I do in regards ***** ***** motions the plaintiff filed. Should I file motion for continual or what motion should I file?
Thank you for your new question.

You need to consider filing a motion for continuance of this new motion hearing based on your medical condition and attach an affidavit from your doctor that you are not medically able to travel at this time to make the hearing. You would also state in your motion that a motion for reconsideration is still pending in the appeals court. You need to get that filed as soon as possible.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Good day,
There are evidences that the plaintiff's attorney was the one who help him to fabricate invoices he brought to Court in my case. He wrote preparing invoices in his bill to me because I am supposed to pay his bill if the plaintiff wins. The plaintiff also said it in court that he did not know why the invoices are not in order, dates for work he claimed was done in August, January and February, have December dates, overlapping, double billing, some pages missing ETC. He also said to ask his attorney who provided them. His attorney was not there when the services was rendered. And his Attorney has continuously lie in court about things that happened in court and about the case, just to mislead the court. He told the superior Court that my counterclaim does not exist, also that fact finder did not make the promise to remind my attorney of the validity of my counterclaim, even though he was part of the discussion. when my lawyer read from the transcript that it exist and that he made the promise, he then brought out my counterclaim and said the content was heard. There have been more misleading untrue statement made by him in this case. My lawyer never said anything untrue in court. I want to sue him for misconduct. I know he violates Connecticut Code of Conduct. I want to know how you think I should go about this.
2. Also Want to sue for my counterclaim that I filled in 2009 that the fact Finder did not hear and did not let me or my attorney know the validity as he promise he will let my attorney know because he was't sure if I properly filled it, that was because it was filled when I was a Pro Se. We knew that it was valid when he gave judgement to the plaintiff on the counterclaim . while my attorney was waiting for his ruling, he sent a request for him to notify him of the ruling and extend the time for filling the brief until he knows the ruling and what to do. The fact finder refused and said he had nothing to tell him, and the time he got back to my Attorney, the time to file brief was over. So the Counterclaim was not brought up in court, was not heard and was not argued on brief. When I objected to the fact finder finding, the Superior court said that since my counterclaim was similar to the self defense the Fact Finder considered it. The appellate court agreed. How could he have considered a counter claim it's validity was .not known to me and my attorney and was not argued. Also all the fact finders report are contrary to the evidences and testimonies in court and the superior and appellate court do not want to look past the report to what actually happened in court.
My question is I want to sue the plaintiff to come to court and defend the allegations on the counterclaim he never defended, was no stricken or objected against, tomorrow is making two years since the superior court decision on the case, but the actual issues happened in 2008. How possible is this and how should I go about these complaint I want to file, and should I file them individually or together.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your new question.

1) You need to make a complaint to the state bar against him if he engaged in inappropriate conduct. Also, you need to file a motion for sanctions in the court where this took place and prove he fabricated the fees he submitted to the court and ask the court to sanction him. If the court does not do so, you would have to try to sue both the attorney and plaintiff for malicious prosecution, but you need to go through the sanction route first and discuss that with your attorney.

2) If the appellate court has ruled or the state supreme court has ruled on that 2009 issue, the case is over and you cannot file it again, it is considered res judicata.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you very much,
Right now I do not have attorney any more, I represent myself because I have a lot of Attorney fees that I am paying right now. However, I am concerned that there will be status of limitation as it will be two years tomorrow since the Superior court judgement. I believe two years is what I have to sue. Is there any way I can sue without going through sanction first? I was going to file the complaint tomorrow.
Thank you for your response.

If the statute of limitations ends tomorrow you have no choice but to file suit tomorrow and stop that from running. Thus, you have no choice but to skip the sanctions and file your suit.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Good day,
Thank you very much, I was thinking so, but it feels great to accurately know the right thing to do. Could you please advice me if (1) I should file a separate suit for the lawyer and the plaintiff or sue them together. If the law permits, I will like to sue them separately. (2) how many counts will be required and what will be the counts for the situation I explained (3) as for damages I will like to ask for monetary damages for the expenses and Attorney fees this has cost me for the past five years that I have been fighting against this injustice and for it to be paid to any organization for abuse women and also that I should not pay the plaintiff fraudulent bill and his attorney's fees.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your response.

You should file one suit if all of the facts and circumstances of the case are the same. You only need one count for each to sue, but it sounds so far that you are claiming negligence and fraud at the very least against all of the parties.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you very much in regard to your last answer, I was thinking of suing the Lawyer of violating the Connecticut code of conduct that says a lawyer should not assist it's client to conduct an illegal act. And the one that says a Lawyer should not lie to mislead the court, also for Fraud. Then since I have Fraud in my Counterclaim, though it was not heard and Appellate already made decision on it and I already filed petition to Supreme Court, I don't like you said I cannot sue the plaintiff for that. Also the incident happened in 2008 even though we are still in Court. So, I am thinking of suing the plaintiff for malicious prosecution like you said yesterday. What do you think. In court the Words fraud, deceit, pain and suffering was never mentioned and those were some of my counts on my counterclaim. It is so unfair that it was not heard and I can not sue for them again.

Thank you for your response.

Based off of all of this I would say that the court will claim all of your claims are already decided (res judicata), with the exception of the malicious prosecution and the fraudulent billing would be your causes of action. You can file a complaint to the state bar about the fraudulent billing and conduct of the attorney with his client, but you are going to likely be outside of the statute of limitations for any actual malpractice claims.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks again for your help, Do you mean that I can not sue him for his lies on issues that happened in other courts just to mislead the court? there are evidences of them and for violating the rules that says a lawyer should not help his client in fraudulent act? He helped his client to create the invoices his client brought to court. And his client said it in court that he could not tell why the invoices are all missed up that his lawyer who furnished them should be asked
I just want to know if I have a case with the lawyer because as for the plaintiff, I already filled a petition to the Connecticut Supreme Court. Though if there is still a way for me to file a lawsuit against him since they refused to hear my counterclaim, I will do it.
Thank you for your response.

Some of this is something that needed to be raised on your appeal, such as the issues with the evidence, and it is not something you can sue over now. The attorney's billing if that just happened, then that you can sue over. The malicious prosecution if you have proof they presented fraudulent information to the courts, then that could be brought too. However, there is a 2 year statute of limitations on malpractice and you may have waited too long for that claim.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you very much, you are the best.
So, for malicious prosecution I can bring up everything that happened in other courts, and there is no status of limitation on what to bring up?
when writing the complaint do I write the whole history of the case?
And can I bring in deceit, lies,
fraud, pain and suffering, violation of unfair trade practice act under the malicious prosecution for the bases for saying They maliciously prosecuted me when the plaintiff was the one who did these things to me.
Thank you for your response.

As long as the case is still ongoing and has not been completed yet, you can bring everything that happened in the case. However, you have only 2 years from the end of the case to file this. If you were not successful in the case, then it becomes even more difficult because in your malicious prosecution case you have to prove the fraud was the reason you lost the case and all of your appeals.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you , I do not understand, does it become difficult if I am not successful or if I am successful In the case? Now that I am waiting for the reply for my certification does that mean that the case is still on going?
Thank you for your response.

If you lose the case, then the court is going to consider that the case against you was a valid case, so you cannot prove malicious prosecution without proving the fraud and proving fraud requires clear and convincing evidence, which is difficult.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
About my earlier questions,
can I bring in deceit, lies, Fraud pain and suffering, violation of unfair trade practice act under the malicious prosecution for the bases for saying They maliciously prosecuted me when the plaintiff was the one who did these things to me.
I actually have enough to prove fraud, and if I can get a a jury trial or someone who is not bias it will be seen easily.
I am sorry I did not get answer to these earlier. I ask many questions when I am busy working on issues, sometimes I don't come back for months when I am not working on something, so I am sorry for asking many questions.
Thank you for your response.

You write a brief history of the case, hitting all of the major issues and not all the small details. You can bring in the fraud and deceit on major issues that impacted the decision, not minor things, the brief could go on forever if you do not focus on just the major issues.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry I am back one more time.
When including both of them in the Lawsuit do I have to say the name of who did this and who did that? and do I have to write my name versus both of their names?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you have to specify who did what.

It would be Jane/John Doe, Plaintiff v. ***** ***** and ***** *****, Defendants.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Good day,
1. I fax an incomplete complaint to the court yesterday, what should I do to be permitted to complete it?
2 .Another thing is that I did not put information of the defendants on it will they return it.
3. The fax went through a little after 5 PM does it count for yesterday because they close at 5.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 26 days ago.
Thank you for your response.

I am afraid if it was received after close of business and it was not a properly completed complaint, it would not be a proper complaint and it would not be in time.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney