Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

The realestate company keeps harassing my friend to get in

The realestate company keeps harassing my friend to get in the house to see if it has been abandoned. He has met with them once, to "inspect the house" and they presented him with an eviction notice that says he has until June 6th to answer. Today they sent him another notice to enter the house to see if it has been abandoned. Don't they have to give him an opportunity to answer the summons? He definitely intends to answer and has not move from the house.
, until the issue is settled one way or the other. Please advise. State of Washington
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for contacting Just Answer again.

If your friend is a tenant in a home that has been taken back by a bank in a foreclosure, he has 90 days from the date of the sheriff's or trustee's sale to vacate. See: http://www.occ.gov/publications/publications-by-type/comptrollers-handbook/ptfa.pdf . If the facts are different, please explain them in a Reply and I'll explain further.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a rental by a property management firm.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Then your friend should appear in court and answer the eviction complaint. Most leases that I have seen say that the landlord or the landlord's rental management company has the right to inspect the premises. The just have to give the tenant reasonable notice of the inspection.
I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating. You should consult a local attorney to verify that this information is accurate for your state. Thank you for using Pearl.com- Just Answer. We appreciate your business.

Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience: Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They did give a notice and we weren't home. They damaged the door to gain entry and said the sheriff was there to help. There was an eviction notice sent with 2 more days left to respond. There was no final order. please advise

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Until your friend receives a court order granting the landlord the right of possession he doesn't have to move out. But it sounds like it won't be much longer until that arrives so you need to get prepared to move.
Irwin Law, Attorney