TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

i was sent a general complaint citation for barking dogs what

Customer Question

i was sent a general complaint citation for barking dogs what is the step do i take
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

When you say a "general complaint citation" are you saying that you have been sued by a neighbor, or is this a citation from the city government?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i was inform by the animal control officer by mail that someone had made a compliant about my dogs barking on april 19 2013 then i got this citation in the mail
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
I'll need to check the local ordinance.

Does the citation specifically state what ordinance you violated?

Do you live in Ft. Worth, or do you live in a suburb? If so, please specify which one.

Finally, does the citation provide you with a hearing date?

Thanks,
ZDN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
viol code 826-0l no on the back of the citation it say i much send a respond to the offense in person or my mail . a trail by jury bench trail or just plead guilty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i live in aprtment i dont know if its the suburb or fort worth its tarrent country on byrant irvin rd
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response.

Whether you should fight this or not is really dependent on the circumstances of your case. So let's talk about it.

The law states that dogs that cause “frequent or long-continued noise” disturbing to “the comfort and repose of any person of ordinary sensibilities in the immediate vicinity” may earn their owners a fine of up to $500.

I'm assuming that this means the dogs are kept inside and are barking from inside and disturbing your next door neighbors.

So, do you believe that your dogs are actually barking this much to disturb your neighbors? Have you talked to your neighbors about this problem before?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN