How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8779
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A man is being accused of abusing the lady hes been living

Resolved Question:

A man is being accused of abusing the lady he's been living with for 15 yrs. I've know this man all of his life and he is a gentle soul. If anything he has taken care of her, since she became a diabetic and became a bit obese. He cooks for her, washes and does things around the hse. This lady's daughters never liked him and has convinced their mother to be on board with them to evict him from the hse. He was confronted by a Marshall to be escorted off the premises without taking the majority of his clothing. The lady hasn't spoken up in his defense which I think is odd. I say this because when I called to speak to this man, who happen not to be home at the time I called I had a long chat with this lady. This was only abt. a month or so ago and she was telling me how he takes such good care of him. I'm afraid that this man is being railroaded because of the 2 daughters and he doesn't deserve this type of treatment. He called me in tears because he was so shocked that the lady would do this to him after he's been so good to her. He says that the lady will do anything her daughter asks her to do. I told him to get legal aid since he cannot afford to pay. He went to Legal Aid and they told him they could not help him because it would be a conflict of interest. I believe it is because the 2 daughters have gone to them already and ergo Legal Aid not taking this man's case. He has to appear in court next week and I'm afraid for him because he has no legal representation. He's like a son to me and I can't afford an Atty. and feel so helpless that I cannot help him. Please advise me so I can tell him what to do. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this.

This happens far too often, see

He can get a free consultation from some of the attorneys listed by location here.

He can call you as a witness to relate what you just wrote about your conversation with the plaintiff, which would tend to undermine whatever allegations of abuse she signed for the restraining order.

I agree he should get an attorney to represent him in this situation.

Please let me know if you have more questions about this.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You suggested that I long onto "mediaradar". How will this help me to help this man? He told me that he's going to try to get legal representation to appear with him in court, but truthfully at this point I am feeling very pessimistic for him.


I am a sr. citizen and just 5 mos. out of the hospital. I also live in a different State. There is no way that I could possibly go to be a witness.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
That web site illustrates that your friend is not the only one to be falsely accused of abuse, I only posted it to illustrate the magnitude of the problem.

Do you know if the plaintiff has an attorney, or did the daughters set this up without one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I initially stated, I and this man feel that the reason legal aid turned him away and told him they could not represent him because it would be a conflict of interest was because the 2 daughters had already gone to them.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but just consulting them does not mean they are going to represent them or the mother. The consultation itself is enough to disqualify Legal Ad from representing him even if Legal Aid declined to represent the daughters or their mother.

If the plaintiff does not have a lawyer, she will probably not know to object if your friend tries to offer an affidavit from you. Such an affidavit would be hearsay, but it will be admitted into evidence in there is no objection. If you cannot make it to the trial, offering to sign an affidavit about the plaintiff's admissions that the defendant is not abusing her would be better than nothing.

There is really not much I can do from here other than to urge your friend to contact a local attorney who can appear with him at the trial.
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8779
Experience: since 1983
N Cal Attorney and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions