Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I have some more questions about this situation... How many

I have some more questions about this situation...

How many years do I have to file a complaint on an idividual for not paying taxes for their "personal fitness training hidden business in their garage"?

Under the code enforcement violation link you suggested,which request type do i select - care of premisis or unsafe structure for someone having a hidden business in thier garage. Am,I right Though? your not suppose to have a business running in your garage in klleen texas?

as fas as writing a letter to the board of education on a teacher for not paying taxes on a hidden business in her garage...can i use one of these complaint forms as well?

my last question is ---they are renting a house and have renters can i find who there insurance company is & how do i report them to their insurance company?

This is a copy below of your answer to my first set of questions....

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If she's not paying taxes, she can be reported directly to the IRS. They have a form that can be filled out, or you could mail a letter, and they accept anonymous reports.

She can also be reported to the Texas Comptroller.

To notify the school district, you can just send an anonymous letter to the school board. They may, however, treat it with a little more urgency if they know who is behind it. You can report a Code violation to the city through the Killeen Citizen Support Center. Click Make a Request, and under the Category drop-down menu, select Code Enforcement. It will them allow you to file the complaint.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you this evening.

I see that you worked with Lucy in the past. Do you seek to work with her again or are you seeking help from any online professional? I would be happy to let her know you are seeking her out as she currently appears offline. Please advise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if your an expert that can answer these questions, that will be fine.

we dont have to wait for lucy ;o)

Not a problem, I just did not wish to get involved if you were seeking a specific professional as your satisfaction is paramount.

To answer directly, the IRS has 3 years to seek minor audit and 7 years to seek a formal audit of the business and personal records. As a consequence that is the length of time you have to formally make a complaint (or an anonymous complaint) to the IRS over potential tax fraud concerns.

This would indeed be an 'unsafe structure' complaint since this structure is not being utilized in a properly permitted and.or zoned manner.

As for the forms you found, those should be sufficient. The only thorn would be their insurance company--you can send them a direct request demanding such information but as there is no public database of records, you really cannot find out who their insurer is unless they tell you directly, either voluntarily, or via subpoena from the courts.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would this hidden personal training business running in their garage be considered a minor audit or formal audit?

which form exactly do i select to report this teacher for not paying taxes & for having an unliscened business ?

is it against killeen texas law to have a personal training business in garage?

Thank you for your follow-up.

I honestly cannot answer the question about the audit as it s purely at the IRS's discretion, I am just stating what tools exist at the IRS's disposal to pursue direct answers. It really comes down to which reviewer ends up evaluating the complaint, and what preliminary information they find. Even a minor inspection can turn into a formal ful audit if they do not end up getting proper cooperation and explanations from this individual.

A Level One complaint should be sufficient--that would be the link here:

You can formally discuss the concerns on that complaint form and have the board evaluate whether or not the person violated their ethical obligations.

I found nothing directly on-point where it stated that running such a business is inherently against the law. It may violate zoning ordinances depending on what the property is zoned as, but running such a business is not inherently illegal.

Good luck.