Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i build my new home and my plumber used pex instead cooper

Customer Question

i build my new home and my plumber used pex instead cooper for my plumbing he did not tell me that roof rats can eat it what can do
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

Please tell me what did you contract stipulate? Did your plumber go over the cost of both options?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he never gave the down falls

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Thank you. I understand that - but please tell me was there a contract and does the contract specify what type of pipe will be used?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes he said he was using rehau brand water piping

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Thank you

And so if the piping is not what you agreed to in the contract your option is to consider a lawsuit.

First, however, I suggest you write him a letter and state that the piping is not what you agreed to per the contract and you want it replaced on compensated monetarily. I suggest you state that he has 10 days from receipt of the letter to contact you in that regard or you will have no other option but to file a lawsuit wherein you will also claim your expenses to do the same.

I suggest this letter has to be mailed certified with a return receipt requested so if you have to file you can show the court you tried to settle the matter out of court

Pardon Application

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.