Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

how long can n informant ride on that coattail?????

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

However, I need a little more information. Can you please give me a brief scenario?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A person on probation, with at least 25+ previous crimes committed within the last 5yrs, in the last 3 months got arrested AGAIN, while on probation, felony poss of cont sub + under influence of such substance, only got 4 weeks in county jail. This person is a local informant, how long can this continue?????? before he has to suffer the consequences of his crimes???

Hello

Thank you for that information

I am sorry that this person has gotten into this situation

However, as long as they continue to break the law and get caught then the police can continue to use them as an informant in an effort to keep his sentences down.

The only way, that does not happen is if there is no criminal activity and also if there is some sort of a written agreement between the person, the police and the District Attorney