Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Currently detained in Van Nuys an charged with firearm manufacturing

Customer Question

Currently detained in Van Nuys an charged with firearm manufacturing weapon.
The gun was purchased at a show (an 80%) & you have to built the top, But the gun was not completely even assembled yet. What we do ti prepare for the arraingment/court date in a couple of days?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Is this a state or federal charge?

JACUSTOMER-562xw0t0- : My understanding is that it is a Federal offense.
JD 1992 :

The only thing to do before the arraignment is to start looking for an attorney. The arraignment is just when they formally inform you of the charges and set the bond.

JACUSTOMER-562xw0t0- : Bail is set at $90,000 dollars already. He is to go to court on Tuesday.what needs to be done so on Tuesday he does not go straight county LA prison?
JD 1992 :

Arrange for bond. However, you may want to speak to some attorneys first because some will do the bond as a part of their fee and, in addition, if you make the bond then the court may not appoint an attorney.