How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16473
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend in jail on violation of probation, the judge

This answer was rated:

I have a friend in jail on violation of probation, the judge sentenced him to run the rest of his time, that happened on feb. 10 of this year. He filed a reconsideration about a month ago and received a letter last night that it was denied. what else can he do? Or how long does he have to wait to file again? This took place Washington County, Tn, jail.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's unfortunate situation.

If your friend's motion for reconsideration was denied, your friend would generally have to wait for at least another 6 months before filing another motion for consideration, unless your friend is able to present some new material evidence or facts as to why the court's decision should be reconsidered, which were not available at the original probation violation hearing.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anyting else he can do?

I have provided you with correct and accurate answer to your question.

I understand that the law might not be favorable to your situation, but please do not hold this fact against me personally.

Can you please let me know why you feel my answer was "poor service" and also please let me know what additional information are you seeking at this time or what related follow up questions do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything else he can do? This was unanswered.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, if your friend's probation was violated by the court and your friend has been ordered by the judge to serve out the remainder of his sentence in jail, I am afraid there would not be any other legal options for an early release, other than to file another motion for reconsideration, but it will likely be denied, absent some new evidence and facts that were not available at the time the initial motion for reconsideration was files.

I am sorry to give you this tough news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct and accurate answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you and your friend the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you