Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I am a Solo physician. Screwed up divorce. MY questions tell

I am a Solo physician. Screwed up divorce. MY questions tell i t all if you are interested. I agree to have her attorneys review my financials. and books LOL Ima a DR I have no inventory its all insurance . Thats not my issue.
I told the lawyers when they decided to interpret the order there way. "We can look at anything we want and copy it.
HIPPA I said this is a medical practice and u are not allowed to see the names of the patients,their charts and or anything identifying then without their permission. The order very simple and is specific in my office, within 14 days. Needless to say they screwed up, and want more time because they did not want to come after hours when patient were not there etc THEY WANT MORE TIME . My office is 900 sq feet. AM I within my rights that HIPPA takes precedence over civil law or the 201k . ITS 3 years and they have everything already and this issue was addressed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I believe I have assisted you in the past, and will be happy to do so again.

HIPAA as a general rule does not apply for civil claims. In other words if the information is deemed pertinent, a HIPAA exception allows for the courts to review the information (it is similar to a law enforcement exception). However here the information is not really pertinent and not directly related to the information. What you can do is request that they REDACT or remove such information so that the patient's confidentiality is assured. It is a legitimate compromise and one most courts would agree as a legitimate means out of this situation.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is not a forensic audit its a generous offer from me to try to get this done.

There is no way to really extract the patients name etc from the charts, they have everything firm my accountant.

Its a stall If I gave you the exact order wording in a new question can you help me?

James,

Then why are they needing these records? What is the basis for the review?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

good question. To see if I have undiscovered assets LOL

They have all my bank accounts,accountants answers and numbers, taxes since 2007 both personal and business. NONSENSE

James,

That makes no legitimate sense. Instead of personal records they could have requested billing records with personal and identifying information redacted. This appears to be a bit of a witch-hunt and it grants you either the right to request that records be redacted if possible, or the hearing become sealed with all records confidential to protect the identity of your patients.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will

Great! Both of those requests are legitimate and if one fails, the second should be granted.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney