Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

Ebay refunded the buyers without my authorization or gave me

Customer Question

Ebay refunded the buyers without my authorization or gave me a chance to dispute the claims. Now the buyers got the free items and their money back. I have all documentations like the tracking# XXXXX that the items were shipped. I want to if I have a case against eBay.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
eBay is notorious for its high handed treatment of sellers this way. Their philosophy seems to be based on protecting buyers. It is the buyers who are the engines of eBay's gigantic revenue stream. Sellers, can and are easily replaced, so they don't have to please you. Here are their Terms of Service - at least those that are proposed to take effect this Summer. I'm sure that the ones you agreed to are similar. They pretty much retain the right to decide buyer-seller in all disputes. They can withdraw the money directly from your PayPal account. You cannot sue them since you agreed to submit all disputes to binding arbitration. I don't know how much is involved in your case but if enough money is involved, you should consider hiring an attorney to handle the arbitration. Good luck.
I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.