Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

How do I qualify to get Security License B for company to do

How do I qualify to get Security License B for company to do Security Surveillance in TX if I don't have experience working for security company before? Our expertise is wireless networks.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

Answer

In Texas, the Private Security and Private Investigation industry is regulated by the Texas Department of Public Safety under the authority of the Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1702 and the Private Security Board's Administrative Rules. I have provided the links below to both authorities for your reference.

You are required to take Training Courses. They are divided into Levels. Level 1 has been repealed by the Private Security Administrative Board Rules. But, Level II Training Course and Level II Test is required for only commissioned and non-commissioned security officer applicants. The Level II Training Course Manual, can be downloaded by clicking PSB-21 (PDF) Order Form).

The Level 3 Training Course is required for all commissioned security officers and personal protection officers. The Training Course must be taken through a licensed Level 3 Training School and must be taught by a licensed Level 3 Instructor. A list of these schools can be obtained at the Official website of the Agency. You can also find a list of Level 3 Training Schools by clicking the link below:

Search for Level 3 Training School Near You

The Level 4 Training Course is required for all personal protection officers and the Training Course must be taken through a licensed Level 4 Training School and taught by a licensed Level 4 Instructor. You can find a list of approved Schools by clicking on the following link which I am providing below:

Search for Level 4 Training School Near You

Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1702

Administrative Rules.

Here is the telephone number of the Texas Department of Public Safety where you can request an application and the current requirements for a Security License B -

Austin Headquarters: (NNN) NNN-NNNN

_________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Andrea,

thank you very much.

But we are not interested in personal protection officers licensing.

As I mentioned our expertise is in designing wireless networks and we are trying to branch into video surveillance (equipment, technology).

I am familiar with PSB website and understand that the test need to be taken, but before we can get to the test we need to submit form PSB-2 - Verification of experience reflecting 2 years of Alarm and electronic experience. In FAQ on website it tells me that most common way is to work before for Licensed Alarm company for two years. Is there other way to satisfy the requirements of PSB-2 form ? There must me some other exclusions.

Hi, Nothing is clear cut on the PSB Official Website, or on any otner website, or anywhere else, for that matter. I did see, however, that PSB mentions in several parts of its website that a four-year college Degree in "Criminal Justice can be substituted for the two years of work experience for the license. I could not find anything else, but it was not for lack of trying, so please do not hold this against me when rating my service to you. Thank you for understanding. It could very well be that nothing, else is acceptable as a substitute for the 2 years of work experience, other than a Degree,

____________________________________________________________________

for assisting you,