How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to know what forms to file for a stay of execution in

Customer Question

i need to know what forms to file for a stay of execution in a civil limited case on a notice to vacate for an unlawful detainer and to appeal the case in shasta county ca
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, Eric.

This is a very difficult situation since there are no court forms available to file a stay of execution and it must be filed quickly. If you have not contacted the local legal aid office for assistance, I would at least try that.

I did locate a good publication to aid you in drafting the stay of execution fortunately. Here is a link to that:

Here is a link which provides relevant code to support the request for a stay:

If you intend to appeal the decision, you must also file a notice of appeal normally.

Here is a Notice of Appeal form that should also be filed with the court:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Eric,
I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer was helpful in clarifying your understanding of the law even though it may not have resulted in the outcome you were hoping it would.
Is there anything else I can assist you with?
If you do not require further legal information at this time, please feel free to bookmark my profile so you can request me when you do have another question. Here is a link to my profile:
Thank you very much and all the best to you.