Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  14 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 24+ yrs
19958803

i live in a shared housing and the man in the room next door

Customer Question

i live in a shared housing and the man in the room next door is crazy hes skitsiphranic and had a bad eposid hes he clames a friend of mine hit with a bat but he was never at the house cops come the mas bleeding he has a history of hurting him self the cops thins we are lieing after thay left i had to call 911 again because he fliped out and thretaned to kill me he gos to hospital for 4days so what im asking is can my friend get in trobal for something he didnt do hes on probation can da pick up charges thers no evedance what should he do
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Have the police contacted your friend to verify his whereabouts at the time of the alleged assault?
.
Has the person been hospitalized before or had the police there for other incidents?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they haven't contacted him and hes scared to contact them because he thinks hell be violated. yes he was hospitalized befor im not sure why,and this is the first time that i know about the cops comeing here for him

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, having dealt with mentally unstable clients and the police before, I can tell you that if the police don't think that friend had anything to do with the alleged assault, they may not even bother contacting him. If they do, they will just ask him if he was there and if he can tell them where he was when this occurred. If he was at home or somewhere where there were no witnesses to substantiate his story, the police will typically just note that there is not enough evidence to take any action. If they have had contact with the neighbor before, they tend to humor the person and listen to their story, then they file the report in the "no action" pile of unsubstantiated reports that never get acted on.
.
.
Thanks