How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a divorce settlement, how can the boyfriend of the ex-wife

Customer Question

In a divorce settlement, how can the boyfriend of the ex-wife submit a lien against the title for funds due him from the wife. Purchase price was 240k. Lien was 250k for legal and accounting fees supplied to ex-wife. subsequently thrown out for lack of documentation. That was a year ago and I am still waiting to close. Recommendations?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Did he loan her money for the property? He has filed suit already, what is the appeal status?

I know you said "recommendations," but what specifically are you asking as it is in court already and in appeals?