Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

How binding are the decisions at pre trial For Example. If

How binding are the decisions at pre trial For Example. If the judge awards me the house, her lawyer agrees and she does to. There is no court reporter and official order. Is that issue finished? I have made sure that in all correspondences iI have had with her attorneys reiterates the fact that he has awarded me the house. Nothing ever is arguesd or contradicts that jn any of there ignore my request responses.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service, Thank you for your question

You asked, "How binding are the decisions in pre-trial.........."

Answer

Pre-trial conferences are attempts to settle cases so that they do not have to go to trial. As such, if the Judge does not enter an Order, it is not binding on any of the parties. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I have an ethical obligation to give you only correct Answers.

What I would do if I were in your position would be to have your lawyer draft a proposed order and send it to the Judge with a cover letter (and copies to the opposing side) and I would state in the cover letter, something like, "Purusuant to the pre-trial conference held on _______ _______ , 2013 in which your Honor awarded the property located at ________________ , enclosed please find a proposed Order for your review and signature, etc.

This way you will know exactly where you stand and you can plan your steps accordingly,

_______________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of assistance,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am pro se

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am pro Se can I do the same?. Its been 3 years and when I had mentioned I might get another lawyer if my wife does not comply with her discovery etc.He shot me a look like dont you dare, with a comment you have been pro Se for most of this case. She has been caught lying and things are now on track again. So I can do the same letter I am very adept at motions and orders, and the judge has had enough. thanks

This is not your average case, I came on and off the site and read the supreme court rulings, draft and propose motions, and have done better on my own. Resolved 2 contempt charges,and in his favor it appears/ so I cannot postpone the trial. I want the trial I have nothing to loose.3 pretrials in 5 weeks and no pre conference hearings no case management etc since the start of this trial in june 2010 Just $$$ Im tapped this says it all.

Hi, James, Please accept my apology for the delay. The site has been experiencing some technical problems.

In Answer to your question, Yes, by all means, you certainly may do it yourself. Draft a proposed Order for the Judge to sign and send it with a cover letter along the lines of what I suggested in my previous Answer. Be sure to send a copy both the proposed Order and the cover letter to the opposing counsel,

for assisting you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They tried to pull an emergency motion but I got wind of it. I called them and he did not deny that he was doing one it was not for today. He swore on speaker phone when I called them on it witht my accounts manager present. But its on the docket, its so illegal is ludicrous but that is how it is here.In 100 days they have filed 2 emergency motions and now this would be a 3rd. Fridays are trials only today no motions but who can tell, So i intend to show up at 900 , haven't slept but this is coming down to the wire

My question is, Do I mail the letter or can I bring it to the courthouse and give it to his clerk or down in the clerks office etc..

Hi, James, and Welcome back to JustAnswer,

In Answer to your new question, yes, you may bring the letter with you. Have copies of the letter and the proposed Order, file the originals with the Court Clelrk and have him or her "time-stamp" all copies. Then you can serve it on opposing counsel right then and there,

for assisting you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney