Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

i received aticket for not obeying a street sign . they hadm

i received aticket for not obeying a street sign . they hadm just put that day 09/2011 when asked why he didnot stop all the cars coming down this same street he said i can only stop one at a time .that ticket cost me 600.00 paid but now my car insur is 210.00 can you suggest what to do in this case
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you. With regard to your post:

i received aticket for not obeying a street sign . they hadm just put that day 09/2011 when asked why he didnot stop all the cars coming down this same street he said i can only stop one at a time .that ticket cost me 600.00 Ouch! paid but now my car insur is 210.00 can you suggest what to do in this case You have a few avenues to pursue. See below:

If you haven't been to "traffic school" in the past 18 months, you can go to such a school (see your courthouse list for approved courses, which MAY be online) and potentially have that ticket removed, an expungment of sorts.

However, you may also want to first confer with your auto insurance agent to confirm that the insurance co. will adjust your premium price upon learning that you know longer have those points. I suggest this because it is possible that the co. policy may be to NOT lose the points in terms of charging for them, once it learns of them (as opposed to if you'd gotten them expunged back in 2011, before the insurance co. found out) - you may want to forego the school if it will not benefit you.

Also, know that up to 3 points should roll off her your record if you don't get any more tickets in the following three years. That means that in 2014 (or 3 years after they showed up), they will scroll of your abstract. You will want to do the math to determine if what you save now, by taking a course, will be far more beneficial than waiting for 2014 date.

Good luck!

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.