My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Rule 25 states that a party who wants to alter a judgment may file a Notice of Appeal. A party who sues for one amount and receives less is able to appeal the amount of the judgment. The notice of appeal must do the following:
(1) identify the trial court and state the case's trial court number and style;
(2) state the date of the judgment or order appealed from;
(3) state that the party desires to appeal;
(4) state the court to which the appeal is taken unless the appeal is to either the First or Fourteenth Court of Appeals, in which case the notice must state that the appeal is to either of those courts;
(5) state the name of each party filing the notice;
The Notice of Appeal is filed with the court that entered the order, and a copy goes to the opposing party. Here is a sample, with instructions.
This pamphlet has more general information on the process that may help.http://www.tex-app.org/probonodocs/14th_Pamphlet.pdf
If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.