TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

1. My sister and I are thinking of writing a series of children

1. My sister and I are thinking of writing a series of children books and we were wondering what, if any, liability we would be taking on by using templates offered via the internet to assist writing and illustrating, free or purchased? Would we need a disclaimer or contract of release? Hope that makes sense.

Thank you, Penny
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

The issue is that the templates are probably copyrighted. If so, then you would be violating the copyright law by using the templates in your books, unless you get permission from the copyright holder. If I were you, I would definitely contact the owner of the templates prior to using them in your books.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.