Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

In Virginia is there a law about a mother and a seven months daughter sharing a studio app

In Virginia is there a law about a mother and a seven months daughter sharing a studio appartment or safety precautions for child proofing the home because the baby can crawl.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

First, there is absolutely no VA law stating that a parent and child cannot live in a studio apartment and there are no laws stating that a child must have their own room. These are just rumors that keep perpetuating themselves. The issue is that Child Protection can be the most incompetent, negligent and abusive agency to ever deal with and many times their social workers simply lie to parents and make up things to scare them when there is no basis in law. Many times the last thing child protection even cares about is the law.

The only thing that is required is that the child must be living in a habitable and safe premises. This means that it needs to be clean, have water, heat, electricity etc. It means that you should have the area picked up so the child cannot get into anything dangerous, such as household cleaners or small objects that they can swallow or stairs they can fall down. As long as you have done that, then there is nothing legally or statutory that must be done despite what the social worker may try to lie to you about.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”