Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

my brother was jailed in florida with a warrent from new york.

my brother was jailed in florida with a warrent from new york. i just found out that one of the people who was a victom personally paid for his exterdition to new york. he just happens to be the under sheriff of our county. my brother is in his jail

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Is there a specific question I could assist you with?

Customer:

i just dont understand how a person can pay for exterdition

JD 1992 :

I have never seen it happen, but there is no law preventing it. Is it a misdemeanor warrant?

Customer:

it was a class e felony the person that paid it was the victom and is also our under sheriff

JD 1992 :

I've never seen it happen. I assume the county didn't want to incur the expense of extradition so the person agreed to pay it personally. It will make good material for the defense attorney, especially since it is the undersheriff that is involved.

Customer:

ok so i should inform his lawyer about this

JD 1992 :

Definitely. It can certainly be a factor that could sway a jury at some point and make a better plea bargain offer possible.

Customer:

i upset because he is bragging about this. thank you for your time

JD 1992 :

I can certainly understand you being upset. I would be willing to bet he will regret bragging about it and letting that information out. It could even be a misuse of power.

Customer:

thank you