Thank you for the quick reply Alex..
Agent verbally advised a report on record about unpaid child support was reason for revoking passport.
- No court order ever received, was not aware of any outstanding/unpaid support balance/demands.
- Seattle Passport agent advised unpaid child support record was so old, scheduled to be expunged and would remove from record to reissue passport (just required manager approval who denied reissuing the new passport would not return passport for temp travel). Instructed to return in two days when manager would be back in the office and my new passport would be ready for pickup.
- Provided flight ticket docs (was scheduled to fly in 48 hours), still refused to reissue passport or return current passport.
- Manager put my application on the bottom of pile of paperwork and told to leave office that he did not have time to deal with someone who had unpaid child support.
- Advised someone in DC would call to interview about situation.
- Based on managers rude and unprofessional attitude, no confidence any action will be taken to resolve inaccurate report to issue renewal passport by early June.
- Need to take acton after the weekend to ensure passport renewed/issues resolved asap.
Does that help?
- Appears a demand from ex-partner in Canada.
- Partner took children from USA many years ago to Canada. Have not been able to see them, no contact with ex-partner.
- Appears ex-partner reported unpaid support to Seattle or balance paid for support was never updated by Gov Departments.
- All we know is Passport agency said there was a note on my passport record for unpaid child support (which we understand is cause for not renewing a passport).
- Been a crazy week of surprises. If we had been informed of this issue, we could have taken action to correct before we needed a new passport for business travel.
Yes - several voice messages have been left at the agency's office but still no movement forward toward a resolution.
No return calls received, no indication of when anyone will return call and assist us with resolving the unpaid support issues.
Ready to take legal action if that will help get this issue resolved in the next two weeks (need new passport # XXXXX European Work Permits).
- Not completely sure if it is Seattle, WA or Canada authorities
- My visit was to the Seattle Passport Agency and have been provided phone numbers in Washington DC
- Was told someone from DC would call but no time/date given when call would be received or from which agency.
All info given was very vague...
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).