Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My landlord is finding reasons to come over to our property

My landlord is finding reasons to come over to our property almost every week. We live on a large lot, 10 acres, so at first it was to mow the property. He spends hours here and sometimes spends an hour just sitting in his vehicle overlooking the property. The latest is that he is coming over tomorrow to drop off a gas can and fix a wheelbarrow, which is a pretty petty reason to come. We do not feel as if we are able to enjoy our own home and our privacy is being violated. We pay our rent and always on time. Do we have any rights?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thankf for your question.
Kirk Adams : Yes, as a tenant, you have the right to quiet enjoyment of your rented premises. As long as you're renting the entire 10 acre tract, then you have a right to quiet enjoyment of the whole property.
Kirk Adams : If your landlord is interferring with that right, you can address it. The first thing should be to issue a letter demanding that the landlord stop this activity, and if he/she doesn't, then you would likely have grounds to cancel the lease or to sue your landlord for an order directing the landlord to stop his/her actions.
Customer:

Thank You. Is this the case even if they follow the 24 hour notice law?