Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

my girlfriend lost her job as a in homecare provider due false

Customer Question

my girlfriend lost her job as a in homecare provider due false accusations about me they won't tell us who it is .But human services took her client out of our home what rights do I have on here say running our lives
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

I am sorry to hear about this matter for you

Please explain a bit more what you mean "what rights do you have" on WHO running your lives?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant ruining our lives. somebody told them I was drunk and abusive do I go after human services for slander

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Thank you. So have they done an investigation at all or are they doing one?

Who exactly was your girlfriend taking care of?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They found relief of abuse that was issued 13 years ago which was crazy which was to protect her boyfriend. The girl is mentally disable. we have had in our home 6 months the girl can not speak so that does not help

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

And to answer your question of "can I go after Human Services for Slander"

Well, defamation is hard to prove. But you certainly can file a lawsuit. Winning is another thing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do I start you are not giving direction they won't tell who it is and I have no record is there a statue of limitation in the state of vt

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hello

Thank you.

Please remember that I can only answer what you ask.

And with that being said, I suggest that you might want to consult with a local attorney to see if they will help you sue on a contingency basis. The attorney would begin by sending a letter to Human Services requesting information and if they do not provide it then begin with filing the lawsuit.

I suggest this is not something you can do on your own, because it is a state agency and first step is to get "permission" from the court to bring the lawsuit. The local attorney will do that, but will need case law to cite to show the court that you situation bears merit that these agencies just simply cannot continue to run rogue on accusations. And so using a situation where you are accused of something that was not investigated Is not even though the standard is a preponderance of the evidence and not a solid beyond a reasonable doubt, then should not be allowed to make accusations in this manner.

Now if they want to remove a client that is one thing. Of course, we know they can do that if and whenever they want for no reason at all. And it is not about that. It is about you being slandered. Of course, the only defense in slander is the truth. So your entire history, background and life will be on trial in such a defamation matter

As to the statute of limitations, that would be 2 years from the incident