Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Is it legal for someone to record our conversation without

Is it legal for someone to record our conversation without my consent in Arkansas?
Hello and thank you for requesting me, friend.

According to Ark. Code Ann. § 5-60-120, if the party recording is part of the conversation, then they can record without you permission.

However, if they are NOT part of the conversation, and the conversing parties have a reasonable expectation of privacy, then the recording party cannot record.

In summary, if the recording party is part of the conversation, they may, even without others' permission, I am afraid.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info

You are very welcome. I know, on this website I do not always get to give good news and this is one of these times. Thank you for not shooting the messenger.