Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

At the pre trial hearing you have to bring all the evidence

At the pre trial hearing you have to bring all the evidence exhibits as well as specify what you will use in the depositions etc, is this correct?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Not always. Some judges required you to have the exhibits marked and exchange them at the pretrial hearing and some do not.

Customer:

ok, looking over the rules in Montana that is what it says, so it's up to the judge?

JD 1992 :

The judge can waive that portion of the rules or enforce it or expand upon it.

JD 1992 :

It is almost always better to have them there ready to go just in case.

JD 1992 :

Some judges are awful at telling you what they want.

Customer:

what else should I expect at the pre trial hearing?

JD 1992 :

You may also want to check and see if there are local rules in effect if you haven't done so already.

JD 1992 :

How close are you to trial?

Customer:

yes I checked district. The case was reversed and remanded back to district in APril. He just set pre trial for July-?

JD 1992 :

You will address any motions that are pending usually, if it is a jury trial the judge may want you to submit a draft jury charge, some judges want witness lists and exhibit lists and usually you have to give an estimate as to trial length.

Customer:

Previously the trial was 5 days, but three is enough I think. Is a draft jury charge the instructions he will give them

Customer:

I want to amend and update the pleadings as some causes were thrown out, is now the time to do that? - sorry I realize I have a ton of questions.

JD 1992 :

Yes, the draft jury charge is the instructions and questions the judge will give the jury. Yes, now is the time to amend the pleadings.

Customer:

ok thanks

JD 1992 :

Be sure and come back if you need me. I will be offline for a few hours starting in a few minutes but will be back late this afternoon.

Customer:

ok!

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992