Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am a father of 2 with another due in a few weeks. I work

Customer Question

I am a father of 2 with another due in a few weeks. I work as a mobile radiology tech which is a 24/7 job. I was trying to further my education and was in ultra sound school. There was a miss misunderstanding and I was kick out of the program. I had some clinical hours to make up and was working on them. I checked in at the hospital to do more hours and was asked if I made up my hours. What I heard asked was did you get some hours in. I answered yes, this person then called the school and accused me of not telling the truth. I was raised to be honest so this is so distressful. Two days later I went to a board hearing. It came to a he said she said and I lost everything I have been working so hard for. My grades are excellent and I was liked by all the teachers. Before the hearing I spoke with the hospital and I thought we came to see how it could have been misunderstood. When I called them after the hearing he just said he didn't think they would have kicked me out. Do I have any recourse to get back in? This just happened yesterday and I would have finished in the fall.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am sorry to hear this is happening, your only recourse on this is an appeal to the school through the school's appeal process. Look in the handbook to see if there is an appeal process outlined, if not you have to appeal to the dean of the school and you are going to need to get the hospital to write a letter stating they did not believe you should be removed from the program over this to support you with the dean.

Unfortunately, by law, the courts cannot intervene in these matters, it is solely to the discretion of the school, so appealing to the dean (or the school's published appeals process) would be your last opportunity and chance.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”