Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law

I just discovered that the Plaintiff changed the law firm representing

I just discovered that the Plaintiff changed the law firm representing them - what should they have done to make this change ?

I would suggest that you should not waste too much time thinking about this particular issue. Based on your statements, I'm not quite sure if the plaintiff changed law firms or if the law firm changed it's structure. Either way, this is actually rather common. As to clients changing firms, this can happen where the client is dissatisfied, when there is a difference of opinion on the progress of the case or when there is a fee dispute, as examples. As to firms changing structure, firms fairly frequently add or subtract attorneys, it's just the nature of running a business.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thank you... it does seem that this is a fairly major change (only ONE out of 5 of the attorneys has remained - the firm is completely different) & the attorney now assigned to the case is claiming that he does "not have personal knowledge of the proceedings." & can't answer our requests.. This is after 2 years of frustrating our efforts at meaningful discovery, so we are planning to add this to the long list of exhibits which demonstrate their dilatory practices, up to, and including, spoliation of evidence, specifically ESI critical to prosecuting our counterclaims & defenses... our Rules of Civil Procedure require that the Clerk/ Court issue "Orders on consent for the substitution of attorneys"...

Everything you say may very well be completely correct and accurate. Again though, these things are quite common. Additionally, it would be both unethical and unusual for a law firm to make changes in attorneys and corporate structure for no reason other than to further the interests of a single client.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, got it, thanks again, good night...

Good night!