Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

If my husband and I hire a general contractor to renovate a

If my husband and I hire a general contractor to renovate a building on our property, and he addresses us as "wife name and husband name" on all documentation, letters, contract etc _is a contract that only my husband signs null and void?

WALLSTREETLAW : Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification
WALLSTREETLAW : If the contract lists both names, and only one party signs,
WALLSTREETLAW : all that means is that one party would be liable for the payments,
WALLSTREETLAW : it does not void the entire contract,
WALLSTREETLAW : it only limits liability, as the non signing spouse can claim they never agreed upon the contract terms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is not possible for me to say I never would have signed that, therefore the contract is null?
the contract would be void if no party signs it, if one party signs, the contract is valid but only enforceable against the signing party.