How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not an attorney, but have been represented by an attorney

This answer was rated:

I am not an attorney, but have been represented by an attorney in an estate case. Now, my attorney has been charged with Medicaid fraud and needs my help. The problem is that this attorney has been ordered not to represent me and I have been ordered to seek another attorney. Can I, as a non-attorney reverse the situation and I represent my attorney as my client, since he has been ordered not to represent me. Thank You.

Richard W. Losche
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately you cannot represent anyone as a legal representative. This would include your attorney. You must be a licensed attorney to represent another person in a legal proceeding. If you do try to represent your attorney in the proceeding then you can be committing the crime of practicing law without a license.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,


John Legal and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions