Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Is a text sent before April 1st an acceptable form of notification

Is a text sent before April 1st an acceptable form of notification for summer visitation in indiana?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Does your divorce decree / settlement state the form of notice that has to be provided for summer visitation and the form in which it has to be provided?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No but the indiana guidlines state only that it has to be written or verbal. My ex and I only communicate by text because he has gone back on his verbal words and then twists my words to work in his favor and then has used them against me in court. This way I have a running record of what he says.
Dear Kyra,

Generally, text message would not be considered a valid written notice, especially if such text message was never acknowledged by the ex, since there is no way to verify whether the text was received by the ex.

The formal and the way that most courts would prefer, when it comes to legal notices, would be to send a written notice by certified mail with return receipt requested for your records and to document that the written notice was sent.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you for your time
Dear Kyra,

I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you and Please click on the excellent service rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.