Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

A company I applied to for a big truck driving job but I did

Customer Question

A company I applied to for a big truck driving job but I did not take the job...several months later I have been receiving insurance certificates with my name on the showing that they put my good driving record down on 2 of their trucks to get insurance. ..I have never driven for this fraud???...and can I sue????
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your post.

Good grief. Did you ever, at any time, work for this company or was otherwise engaged in any employment relationship with them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I applied for a job....they ran my app...I got approved. ....since then I have received a few letters showing certificate of liability insurance with my name on paperwork. ...I applied for job...but I never drove for them...I had 1 day of orientation and after that I never came back....I never took the job.

Thank you for your follow-up. What you are describing is identity fraud and an unauthorized use of your information and likeness. Retain counsel as soon as possible and also contact the police as this happens to be a criminal matter. You should consider pursuing them both civilly for your damages (such as using your information without permission, sharing your information with third parties with consent, potential fraud and forgery) as well as for criminal charges for essentially engaging in identity fraud.

Good lucl/