Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

A lawyer for a credit card debt has filed a subpoena from another

A lawyer for a credit card debt has filed a subpoena from another creditor of mine to provide all payments and information I would have provided them when applied for credit
can I object to this information been provided?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If the other party has not yet submitted documents in response to the subpeona, you can file a Motion to Quash. There are different grounds for the motion, but you can argue that the information is irrelevant, since whether you paid a different creditor doesn't really have anything to do with whether you owe money to the credit card company. Send a copy of the Motion to the other creditors so they know that they can wait to provide the documents (either until you get a ruling on the motion or the 30 days is up, whichever is sooner).

Here is one example that might help. It also shows some of the other arguments that can sometimes be raised (such as if the other creditor is not located in Arizona).

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Lucy you provided me with good information.
You're very welcome, and thank you. I'm glad I could help.