AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law
66829710

What are my rights to medical records? I have called doctor

What are my rights to medical records? I have called doctor twice and offered to pay for the fees? How long does he/she have to provide them before I take action?

AttyCBradford : Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are having problems getting your records.
AttyCBradford : Your health care provider usually must let you see your medical record or give you a copy ofit within 30 days afterthey receive your request. As of January 2007, your health care provideris allowed to charge you between 29¢and 86¢ per page for paper copies, depending on the number of pages copied. They can charge you $1.43 per page for copies made from microfilm. These amounts are adjusted annually.You can also be charged for postage.
AttyCBradford : If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed