Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I cant seem to get a straight answer on this one.. im moving

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this one..

im moving to a rual (town, 8k). Maybe

As i bin colorado even with out a CCW, you can open carrey a hand parents do for hikes, well they ccw). I guess its a 2nd umendment thing. So even on day one i can open carreey, from i know.....and getting a ccw is like getting a buss pass......

Am i wrong?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

It is generally legal to open carry in Colorado under the state law, however some local cities, such as Denver do have their own local ordinances prohibiting open carry.

So, it would be a good idea to check with the town where you moving, whether there is any type of local ordinance that would ban you from carrying your firearm openly.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
besides denver......we're talking Way East....lion, bear, etc. thats why ppl do it.
Dear T,

Thank you for your follow up.

Most cities in Colorado, aside from Denver do not have any restrictions on open carry, but because the law is constantly changes, the best option would be to check with the local city where you are moving to, before you start to carry your firearm openly. The local Sheriff will be able to inform you if there is any restriction in the town you are moving to or any surrounding areas.

I wish you the best of luck!