ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

Ive rented an apartment for the past 22 years and just received

I've rented an apartment for the past 22 years and just received my new lease with a 10% increase. Is this legal

ScottyMacEsq : Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.
ScottyMacEsq : I'm sorry to hear about your situation. While there are some limits as to what a landlord can do in regards XXXXX XXXXX the rent, the rent may be raised any amount at the end of a rental period. Under a month-to-month rental agreement, the landlord must give a full 30 days notice before increasing rent. In the case of a written lease, the landlord may not increase rent DURING the term of the lease, but a renewal can have an increase in the rent. There is no rent control in Ohio (which means that there is no statutory limit as to how much a landlord can increase the rent).
ScottyMacEsq : There's no accounting for length that you have stayed at the property, etc... in regards XXXXX XXXXX or not a landlord can raise the rent either. So it does not matter whether or not you have been in the property for 1 year or 20 years, the landlord has the sole option to raise your rent or not (again, at the expiration of the lease period, not during it).
ScottyMacEsq : I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!