Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

My name isXXXXX question is how can I get help

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX question is how can I get help against my uncle and the other family members who've discredited my reputation to the point that I've lost friends, family and unable to find work. I am completely financially dependant on my uncle and he has gone to great links to keep me from moving on.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your post, Healther.

I am sorry that you feel that you are in this situation. Do you mind providing a bit more back-story here so I can best answer your question? What happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I worked at Wal-Mart in Hattiesburg, MS in 2008 and my grandmother had open heart surgery in the year 2007 my employer was helpful in assisting to her, but when she got to the point she needed full time help or go to a nursing home, I called my uncle her son and we agreed it was best for me to leave my job and care for her 24/7 at home. I did this for three years alone except for help from her SSI assitance as in aides, etc she was on Medicare and Medicaid. Anyway when she passed she left me her 2007 Chrysler 300 and a diamond wedding ring, these were purchased by her son my uncle, but my grandma left them for me. Anyway, after her passing he's been very hateful, distant and tried to get me on disability due to him coming with me to my dermatologist so he could hear from her what HS skin disease is. It is an uncureable and untreatable disease and the next thing I knew two weeks after she passed that he had me going to SSI disability and a lot of other things for the duration of 17 months. I've been harrassed on my home phone number to the point I changed the number to a private land line phone, he's had other members come into my home while I am gone, in conversation to my cousin he said that he was recording me on a phone call and has evidence and photos against me, but I do not know what they are for other than trying to get conventionship over me because I canceled the disability case because the check was going to be made out to him. He went and got me life insurance from his agent State Farm that he wanted me to sign, but I refused. My accounts, facebook, email, ebay, and paypal has been hacked into. The breaker outside of our house in the storage room off of our carport the breaker was turned off one morning at 3am and I did not go out there until it was daylight, so I lost the groceries, Someone came at 2:30 am one morning and hit the kitchen window when I was washing my hands and then the front door, I called the police, but they couldn't find him/she, I went to post my car to sale on craigslist and my computer was instantly hit with a Trojan virus, then my tire on my car was sabotaged a week later after posting the ad. It required me to remove the ad. I had to sale jewerly to make the money to purchase the tire, although my uncle offered to pay it, but I refused his offer. Anyway when I posted my real opal earrings on my ebay my paypal account was hacked into twice and the funds had went from my account both times, but I just got my funds back into my account. I found that my cousin has been spreading rumors about me on facebook and I found out that had a new truck and later on that my uncle paid him in a way of the Sirus Satelitte Radio on his truck. He tried two weeks after she passed to get me on disability, which I do have a disablitily called HS skin disease that is any uncureable, untreatable disease and will eventually make this person debilatated, but I can still work.

You broght up a lot of potential points here. What, ideally, do you with to pursue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The ability to get my reputation back, so I can get a job and get out from his house.
Thank you for your follow-up.

What you are then describing is a potential suit for defamation of character. Defamation has two potential causes of action, 'libel' which is written defamation, and 'slander' which is spoken defamation.

To prove either you need to show 4 factors:
1. A defamatory (untrue) statement.
2. Of or concerning the plaintiff.
3. Communicated to third parties AND
4. Causes damages, specifically financial damages.

In cases pertaining to a claim of having a 'loathsome disease', damages are presumed to exist. Otherwise truth is the ultimate defense. You most prove and show all of those factors to be able to prevail. This is a fairly complicated cause of action and small claims would not cover it. I would strongly suggest that if you can, retain counsel. Consider browsing the listings at and for local attorneys who could help.

Please be well!