Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.

For Alexia 1) I would like to respond to long form CDR in

For Alexia
1) I would like to respond to long form CDR in 2 months as SS office did not give me any deadlines on when to respond. Any issues with waiting that long?
2) I received the original disability because of the kidney transplant – it is automatic 1 year disability after the transplant. It might be difficult for me to get continuation of disability because I feel better now. However the disease that caused my kidney transplant also affects my other functions: hearing, eye sight, etc. My question ---- should I emphasize in my response to CDR letter my hearing loss and eye sight loss – or it can back fire – as SS may consider this to be a new disease UNRELATED to the original disability determination – and thus ask me to prove my disability de novo?

3) You mention – get the proof of mailing – but it only proves that SOMETHING was sent – not the answer to CDR. How can I assure that after I respond SS properly enters my response into the system? I cannot make phone calls to the local office – as they do not accept the phone calls – but the central office refers back to the local office -- frankly ridiculous situation.
determination – and thus ask me to prove my disability de novo?
3) If I try to get a job while my disability under review -- would that jeopardize my chances of having continuation of the disability if I would work full-time but for LESS than 6 month (I know that SS encourages people to try to go back to work) while I am still considered for disability and earn a reasonable salary of say 40k a year.
4) If it I try to get a job while my disability under review -- would that jeopardize my chances of having continuation of the disability if I would work full-time but for LESS than 6 month (I know that SS encourages people to try to go back to work) while I am still considered for disability and earn a reasonable salary of say 40k a year.
4) You mention – get the proof of mailing when sending stuff to SS office – but it only proves that SOMETHING was sent – not the answer to CDR. How can I assure that after I respond SS properly enters my response into the system? Is there any other more positive proof? I cannot make phone calls to the local office – as they do not accept the phone calls – but the national office refers back to the local office -- frankly ridiculous situation. You mentioned that I can get my file on CD. Is there a form to fill out and send it to SS office yo get the CD
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

I will let alexia know that you are awaiting her response. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

For Alexia Hi, and I am sorry for the delay, I have been in and out, busy at work beyond belief... that being said, it is nice to see you again. (Please do try to put multiple questions like this that are legally unrelated (even if related to you and your case) into separate transaction posts, so we can maintain some of the integrity of this transaction.)

1) I would like to respond to long form CDR in 2 months as SS office did not give me any deadlines on when to respond. Any issues with waiting that long? Only if there is - which isn't reassuring. Why do you wish to purposely delay?

2) I received the original disability because of the kidney transplant – it is automatic 1 year disability after the transplant. It might be difficult for me to get continuation of disability because I feel better now. So glad!

However the disease that caused my kidney transplant also affects my other functions: hearing, eye sight, etc. You want to get that evidence! And get it updated, as to how serious those issues are.

My question ---- should I emphasize in my response to CDR letter my hearing loss and eye sight loss – or it can back fire – as SS may consider this to be a new disease UNRELATED to the original disability determinationYou want to get proof that it is connected, a side effect - so you may want your kidney doctor to explain it. They will have to be disabling, of course. And, you can add all other new disabilities.

– and thus ask me to prove my disability de novo? Yes, that can happen. It sounds like you can't disprove the improvement. So then, is the improvement enough to allow you to work some occupation out there on a full time basis?

3) You mention – get the proof of mailing – but it only proves that SOMETHING was sent No proof is 100%, but things that TEND to show one is telling the truth far exceeds no proof.– not the answer to CDR. You can also hand deliver and bring a spare copy - you can ask them to stamp the copy you will be keeping as "received/filed" on XX date.

How can I assure that after I respond SS properly enters my response into the system? Double check. We deal with clerical errors ALL the time. I can't tell you how many times I send in my 1696 representation documents, only to NOT be connected to the claimant's file 2 months later. Gotta stay on them, double check, etc. Going in person to file and getting that receipt is the best way to get the proof you filed something.

I cannot make phone calls to the local office – as they do not accept the phone calls Which is a crime - and really against SSA policy....– but the central office refers back to the local office -- frankly ridiculous situation. Yep. Welcome to my world :)

3) If I try to get a job while my disability under review -- would that jeopardize my chances of having continuation of the disability Likely, yes.

if I would work full-time but for LESS than 6 month (I know that SS encourages people to try to go back to work) while I am still considered for disability and earn a reasonable salary of say 40k a year. While that could be a failed work attempt, it may not be - remember, failed work attempts only apply IF your medical evidence supports the ongoing severe limitations/impairments still exist and that you stopped ina few months BECAUSE of the condition.... I'd find this to be a very risky idea right now. VERY. You couldn't work 40/week then, can now - you are handing them proof of improvement and the fact that vision and hearing are not quite severe, likely.

You mentioned that I can get my file on CD. Is there a form to fill out and send it to SS office yo get the CD
Nope, just send a letter or go in person and request it. I don't think they can give it to you that day, but you can get your request in.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.