Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

What if during an active lawsuit, and while you are researching

What if during an active lawsuit, and while you are researching your defense and investigating the claims of the plaintiffs that they said during their depositions, you find evidence of a financial crime? The plaintiff was convicted of conspiracy to sell drugs, a felony(I think D class). Lots of cocaine. So before he goes to federal prison he laundered some of his proceeds through a shell LLC and believe it or not his girlfriend. It totaled to my accounting around 770,000. So I feel there is Clear evidence of this. What can I do with this information? Her last job on record was at target, she's unemployed, worked for the LLC on a barter system! Yet 1 month after her boyfriend plaintiff gets busted, she finds 381,000 to purchase the BF's property. And the shell corporation who she owns with her disabled brother finds another 400,000 to buy the rest. Then BF comes out of a 15 month vacation, and his dad buys all the properties back for....1$ each! Help.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

The first thing you could do is report the crime to the FBI, as it was in connection to this person's arrest for drug trafficking on a federal level.

Does the fact that he has committed this crime have anything to do with the facts of your case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. However I believe this suit will come to credibilty. His and hers depositions were laced with inaccuracies, and poor recollection, and lets say it as it is lies. But it's my testimmony against his. Also there is a principle, about not throwing stones at your neighbor etc. It's unfortunate when I stand accused of fraud when it is him that has committed fraud and muvh worse. Plus he accuses me of conspiracy, secreting knowledge, misrepresntation etc.
how do I report to the fbi.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
This is called character evidence and will generally be allowed in for you to talk about it at the trial (or at your opponents deposition) in order to create doubts regarding his credibility.

To report a crime to the FBI, follow the directions at: http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I report it and it gets out that I did, will it jeopardize my defense?
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Not at all.
Zachary, Attorney