Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I had a book published under a pen name because the publisher

I had a book published under a pen name because the publisher suggested I do so. The publisher listed my real name when the book was advertised on the internet. I have my second book ready for publishing and I want to just keep my real name. It is part two of three books. Can I republish the first book under my real name since I will use my real name for the second book?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To answer your question directly, as the intellectual property belongs to you, you are absolutely free to reprint the book with your 'real' name rather than your pseudonym. You would NOT be able to reprint only if there is some kind of a limitation in your agreement with the publisher where they jointly hold some rights over your work as that would affect their ability to either collect what they are owed or claim that the novel is related to their services. Otherwise this is your novel, you are free to reprint it under your actual name and do the same with any additional novels.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can I do about all the perks that were promised when the book was published? The publisher was supposed to do marketing via news and media but when it cam time for it, they wanted to charge me additional maney that was not included in the contract.

That is a somewhat separate issue. If it is not part of your contract with the publisher, the publisher does not have to provide it. Under law what governs is exactly what was found within the agreement, and if anything was not put in but verbally promised, it is not binding. Unless you can find some written evidence of these perks promised to you AFTER the contract was signed (as before it would be considered a negotiation option but not a binding promise as that would be in the contractual language itself), the publisher is not required to provide you with additional services if those services were not expressly written in your agreement with them.

Good luck.