Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I was working with a company, online web cam service(based

I was working with a company, online web cam service(based in the USA) along with what ever I made through customers(60% of the cut), I also was receiving a promotional deal that I would get an extra $16 an hour for 3 hours each night, 6 days a week, for being online during the time slots that was set up back in Dec. 2012. I received payments through a company called Payza, then the online company had stated that they were having issues with Payza, if I would like to set up a one time Payment with Paypal, which I accepted. Then got set up with regular checks by mail. Which they never seemed to pay on time, usually a week or two past the payment date. When they declared the promotional deal ending in an official statement, they had owed me the past 2 pay periods, which also included the extra few days that was to be added into the last check I was to receive. I have requested many times to find out where my two payment checks was and that if there was a support number I could call to see about getting this resolved. I am owed over $1100.00 in services that I provided and promised the promotional deal that was in email contract form and promised to me up to a certain date. The only way I can contact them is through email, which they have stopped responding to me. I have found out the owner name along with a phone number and a PO box address and have the info on the company they paid me once through paypal. What kind of lawyer do I need to get this resolved?

JD 1992 : Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.
JD 1992 : The only question I see in your post is "What kind of lawyer do I need to get this resolved?"
JD 1992 : In response to that, the proper type of lawyer for this kind of case is one who does civil trial law or civil litigation.
JD 1992 : You can find lawyers in the correct location and who practice in those areas of the law at
JD 1992 : The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.
Customer: I am online, had my account page up since i started the question
JD 1992 : I'm here
Customer: Are my chances good in getting my money?
Customer: Thank you for the type of lawyer I need
JD 1992 : The chances are good that you would win your lawsuit. As far as collecting on the judgment, that's hard to say.
JD 1992 : It depends on their assets.
Customer: I was doing research on the owner of the site, looks like he is some big (many) hot spots club ower down in Atlanta, ga
Customer: Alex Gidewon, but I can seem to get in contact with him
JD 1992 : Yo're probably better off just suing him and then seeing if he responds as opposed to continuing to try and contact him.
JD 1992 : If your lawyer sends a letter they may respond to that.
Customer: I got paid through another company that was with the company that he owns(that I worked for), do I leave them out of it or just give all the info that I have researched and dealt with working with this company?
Customer: to the lawyer?
JD 1992 : Just give the lawyer all the info. They will sort out out who to sue.
Customer: is there any law against web camming in alabama?
JD 1992 : Not that I am aware of.
Customer: just don't want any hiccups in presuing this
JD 1992 : The only way it would be illegal is if what is being shown is illegal (ex. kiddie porn). The camming itself wouldn't be.
JD 1992 : I don't see any issues for you on that front.
Customer: ok, no, just myself
Customer: thank u for your help, i researched on if my case was a good case
JD 1992 : You're very welcome.
Customer: which i has a written contract(email form) on both of my issues with getting paidwith what customers already paid me and the extra promotional deal
JD 1992 : I think that is all you will need.
Customer: isn't it a crime for them to withhold my money that I received from customers, that was paid through the site?
Customer: one last question, i may live in alabama, but I am close to the georgia state line,which is Rome, Ga. would it be alright to get the lawyer in ga even though i live in al?
JD 1992 : No, or at least not one that is prosecutable. The police are always going to tell you it is a civil matter.
JD 1992 : Yes, a GA lawyer would be fine.
Customer: ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX in finding a lawyer, my step 2
JD 1992 : That's correct.
Customer: have yourself a good day, thanks again!
JD 1992 : You have a food one as well.
JD 1992 : Good one
JD 1992 : Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information. Also, issuing a positive rating keeps the question from “timing out” so you can return in the future if you think of a follow up. However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.
Posted so you'd get an email.