Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

If a person is left in charge of the estate, and there is multiple

Customer Question

If a person is left in charge of the estate, and there is multiple investments left to different people, not mentioned in the will, do they have a legal right to tell other people in the family about these investments.. My sister was left in charge and two of the investments were transferred into my name a year before my aunt died. My sister feels she has to tell my brother that this was done and for how much, can she legally disclose this information.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 : Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.
JD 1992 : There is nothing in the law which would prevent an executor from telling people about what was left to who.
JD 1992 : The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.