Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Have been divorced since 1/2012.. I was awarded HALF of our

Customer Question

Have been divorced since 1/2012.. I was awarded HALF of our 2011 IRS return. My ex has not paid me.. I also filed a motion in 2012 to compel the court to have him pay me! Nothing.. long term marriage 23 years. He is a police officer and believes he is above the law. HELP...
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. You stated that you had filed a Motion to Compel, and "nothing." What do you mean by "nothing" - what happened? Was there a hearing? If so, what happened at the hearing? Or was there no hearing? If there was no hearing - why not? Did you set the matter for a hearing, or, did you simply send the motion in but did not follow up and never heard back from the Court?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Over a year after the divorce decree, I have yet to receive my court ordered half of our 2011 IRS refund. Hence my filing a motion in July of 2012 to compel Mr Garcia too follow thru with the order of the court. Yet, he has not.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Arlena,

Thank you for your reply, but it did not answer my information request. Perhaps you did not see it. I had stated:

1. You stated that you had filed a Motion to Compel, and "nothing." What do you mean by "nothing" - what happened? Was there a hearing?
2. If so, what happened at the hearing? Or was there no hearing? If there was no hearing - why not?
3. Did you set the matter for a hearing, or, did you simply send the motion in but did not follow up and never heard back from the Court?