Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

In 2008 I was involved in an accident at a business. I was

In 2008 I was involved in an accident at a business. I was operating a motorcycle, it was raining, and they had painted the road surface, which I didn’t realize that it was painted brick and not natural. As a result I ended up injuring a knee, had surgery to repair. A couple years later I had to have a second surgery, now I’m facing a third.
Since I’m having problems, does that allow me to go back and seek damages.

Thank you for the information and your question. Was this a workplace injury or a business that you had no connection to? Did you open a claim with them or sue them at the time for your injuries? Did they pay you anything and did you sign a release? If so, when was that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It was a hotel that I stopped to get a room rate.

I did not open a claim, or sue, no payments or releases.

Hello again and thank you for your reply. I am sorry to read about your situation. Unfortunately though, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in PA, which is what this is, would be 2 years. That means that you would have had to file suit within 2 years of the accident in order to recover for your injuries. If you tried to file a claim now with the hotel, they would deny it because of the SOL having run, and then you would not have any recourse for that decision since you cannot file suit.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the legal answer I provided to you on the 15th. The Site has been a little buggy lately so the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue if needed.

Thank you.