AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law

Workers compensation, In the late 90s I had a work injury

Worker’s compensation, In the late 90s I had a work injury that required surgery. I’ve had problems ever since, over the years I’ve been to numerous physicians. They all tell me the same thing, take easy, etc..
To this day if I lift anything over 50lbs it irritates the injury. I’ve seen commercials about settling with insurance companies for workers compensation injuries. Since this is an ongoing problem would I be able to go back to the insurance company and seek a settlement, I hadn’t previously made settlement.

AttyCBradford :

In the state of Pennsylvania a worker's compensation case or a lawsuit based on an injury for worker's compensation MUST be filed WITHIN THREE years from the date of the injury. Otherwise, the case will be barred based on the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations refers to the length of time in which an injured worker must formally file a worker's compensation claim. Since your injury occurred in the late 1990s you are too far past the statute of limitations to file a worker's compensation claim.

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation!