AttyCBradford
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney At Law
66829710

vandalizing middle school campaign signs...is it okay???

what should be punishment for destroying posted middle school student council campaign signs of 1 individual?

The principal made all the students remove their signs and replace in school library where they can be supervised.  My point is that the whole purpose of student government is to demonstrate the democratic process..what does this teach?  Also, the vandals believe they can get away w this and the incident is not being taken seriously. 4 posters were removed and torn up and put in a trash bin in that hallway. The following day, more posters were removed. The principal is making no effort to see who the vandals are.  I want to know if it bullying, hate crime, malicious mischief? But it is all being directed at my 14 yr old daughter who is running for president.  Also, why can these students run amok unsupervised in a middle school???  Am I making too big of an issue of this?

Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 1 year ago.

AttyCBradford :

Hello! I am sorry to hear about the situation that is occurring with your daughter. This issue sounds more like a school policy issue. However, if the Principal is REFUSING to assist you, you could consider filing a complaint with the school board to have it brought to their attention. I think it would matter largely in part on exactly what was being done to the poster. Are they just tearing them down? Or are the writing hurtful things on them, such as name calling and the like. Merely tearing down the posters does not seem to amount to enough, although it should be handled by the school

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney At Law