Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have been offered a position with Apple Inc. as an Apple

I have been offered a position with Apple Inc. as an Apple at home advisor. My question is under what states laws Apple would be required to follow in regards XXXXX XXXXX ability to conduct background checks of my self for employment eligibly assessments.
According to the Apple website my position is considered a corporate position and there for I would be referred to as a corporate employee.

http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/advisor_pro_faq.html

Since Apple’s corporate headquarters is in California, would they be required to follow the provisions as stated in the California Investigative Reporting Agency Act or could they choose to follow the state laws in which I reside for background checking purposes?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If you are actually offered a job and accept it while in Ohio, then Ohio laws would control regarding any background checks. Since a job offer and acceptance is an employment contract, the contract is governed by the state where it is entered into. The state where the parties are when the contract is entered into has subject matter jurisdiction over the contract. Now if you went out to CA for an interview and were hired while you were in CA but were "stationed" in Ohio, then CA law would control.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.