Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I suspect my former insurance agent fraudulently added events

I suspect my former insurance agent fraudulently added events to my Lexis Nexis report. I also have been refused any copies of any paperwork containing my signature, as well as the original policy its self. I believe they are hiding something, can I legally obtain this information? They have refused all written requests, as well as verbal requests for five months, in addition I found information was added to my Lexis Nexis report that never occurred so I strongly suspect Fraud, as well as a breach in my policy or contract. I have contacted the agent, the claims team, and even the corporate customer care and was only sent general information, I would like a full report and anything I allegedly signed. I have reviewed public disclosure laws and feel I am with in my rights how ever before I decide to sue or not is there a way to obtain what I am asking for?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What type of report are your trying to obtain from Lexis nexis and did you already obtain your consumer copy of such report?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I obtained the report, I saw something on there that should not be there. I am trying to obtain a copy of anything I allegedly signed as well as the original policy to determine if the contract was breached or not

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your follow up.

Do I understand correctly that you want to obtain any forms or documents that you have signed with your former insurance agent / company and they are refusing to provide you with copies of such signed document related to your former insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes this is correct, I am only interested in the bad faith, and breach of contract aspect at this time, not personal injury as I am still going to a DR. I had to locate my own repair shop, and obtain my own rental car after one week with out any help. I feel my agent is hiding information from me, as I have no case with out these documents. Also yes I have been denied access to this information for several months now

Thank you for your follow up.

If at this point you are in an adversarial position with your former insurance agent / company, unfortunately then the only way for you to obtain any records that the insurance agent or company have related to your policy or claim, is to file a lawsuit and demand all the records related to your case from the insurance police during the discovery in your lawsuit.

The only other option would be is to file a formal complaint with the Department of Insurance in your state and the state where the Insurance company is located, if you feel that the insurance company is acting illegally or in bad faith.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made the complaint to the insurance commissioner, they "ordered" this company to comply however when the company, as well as agent failed to comply the insurance commissioner e-mailed me back saying he has no actual authority to enforce the public disclosure laws, and I was out of luck.

Thank you for your time, if you have any suggested resources to help me I am a combat veteran who may have lost my job over this as I have exceeded absences at work for medical treatment. Perhaps I will wait until I have enough evidence to take legal action once I am finished with my medical stuff its just too bad that it has to come to this when I trusted them for ten years... Thanks for the honesty though I will give you a good rating.

Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, legal action might be the only way to obtain information that you are seeking and also I would suggest that you do consider consulting with the local personal injury attorney to evaluate your case for potential lawsuit.

I do wish you the best of luck and want to thank you for your brave service to our great country!